real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Follow the Mustang beat!!! - I will start off with my criticisms of this video, it could have used a little more time to stir and be polished up from the artist, a lot of scene selections felt entirely wrong for the parts of the song they were matched up with, a lot of it felt random. That said, there were other moments when I was literally biting my fingers to keep from howling with laughter--seriously, I was biting down on my index finger to keep from giggling like a maniac. I almost entirely lost it during the "chik, chikky boom" segments, and then I did lose it during the scene where Roy was "dancing". It just killed me. Killed me dead. And, god, the opening is still fantastic and the lip synching is really, really solid and, omfg Ed and, just, asldkalsdkfalsdjf, this was awesome. I am practically crying with laughter.
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Which Alchemist is gay - This really doesn't have any right to be as funny as it is, but there's just something about it... it's the combination of the song, the really solid lip synching, the whole concept, the clips chosen, Roy... it all comes together surprisingly well and made me laugh at all the right place. I just... I love the match-ups so damn much. I love sparkly!Roy and female!Armstrong and the fabulous, fabulous opening, love the concept so much that I'm willing to overlook when the video gets a little shakey in the middle.
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Alphonse and the Chocolate Factory - Another video that could have been touched up a little bit here and there (mostly it's that the clips play for too long when it would have been better to stuff another one or two in and the middle sort of falls apart a bit), but I totally forgive that because the concept is great and some of the clips match up beautifully. I listened to that damn song when the movie trailer came out, it's addicting as hell, and the artist chose good clips to go with--Winry jumping on the bed in excitement is one of the highlights of this. Also, I really love the poster at the end.
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - thats your horoscope for today - Admittedly, this AMV isn't perfect, some of the choices were rather weird, I thought, but the concept and charm of the AMV make up for it, I think. A lot of the lip synching was pretty good, I really enjoyed the choice of song and several scene choices, there were enough moments that made me laugh out loud and I love, love, love that it's a song about shitty horoscopes set to scenes of Ed and the others' lives being horrible. It really does use some of the expressions from the anime well and it's just fun. XD
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Too Sexy - [AMV.org listing is here.] This song never stops being funny. There are parts of this that don't really work out as well as they could (one clip towards the beginning just goes on way too long), but the rest of it makes up for it. Winry shaking her ass or Roy sparkling or Envy being all "model"-ish were great choices and, hell, I wouldn't have thought it, but even the moments with Hughes actually worked for this AMV. Not perfect, but definitely gets a thumbs up from me... even if I suspect it's because I love this song a little too much.
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Chihuahua - I... have no idea where this song is from, I'd never heard it before, but I was intrigued by the summary, so I clicked... and, omg, I love FMA crack AMVs that are actually very nicely put together. The song is fun (and terribly addicting like promised) and the lip synching is really good, too. But mostly it's that, by the time the video was done, I had the stupidest grin on my face because the video was fun! I love the reaction shots every time "Chihuahua" would come up in the chorus, the artist chose a really great variety of stuff. XDDD
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - The FMA Dance - I should be getting sick of this song by now, I know. And I probably would have bailed on this one, too, except that the beginning was really sort of fantastically well-done and I was impressed enough to keep going. By the end, I think this one was right up there with the Gravitation version of the song, because the artist kept up with enough clips to keep it interesting and actually matched them well and it has some of the best lip synching to the actual words (rather than the random noises that makes up most of the song) that I've seen yet.
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Waka Laka for Fma - Another song I'd never heard of, but has a good, upbeat tempo so it was just addicting enough to get me through the AMV. I admit, the colorization thing is weird, but it actually works well for the video and, okay, the AMV was rushed in a few places, but the overall concept/execution was solid enough that it provided a good viewing. Plus, man, the artist really nailed the gazillion clips that a song like this needed, the opening few seconds are practically dizzying, but so worth it. Which is to say, it's not perfect, but I had a lot of fun watching it and, really, that's exactly what I'm after with most AMVs. XD
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Splinter Cell - I don't even remember how I found this link anymore, just that I stumbled over it on YouTube, was strangely curious, and decided to watch. And it's just... it shouldn't be this funny. But it is, especially when the artist found some really great expressions with Ed and Roy to use. Ed most, most, most especially. The part near the end where he says his "name" is just... I start laughing just thinking about it. <3333
- Fullmetal Alchemist AMV - Weird Al Theme Song - This was. This was. This was just total drink-spewing material for me. The clips were at this frantic pace to match the tone of the music and some of the choices were awesome and it just completely fit the crazy, zany, weird tone of the song and the singer in general. Everything is either fast-paced or sped up to match the beat of the song and the first ten seconds of this cracked me up so badly I had to hit pause so I could just sit there and giggle for awhile. I mean. C'mon. When he heard the tortured screaming of a funny little man [Sshot of Ed screaming] What could possibly not be insanely hilarious about that? I ♥ this for teasing Ed the way it does.