- Cardcaptor Sakura - Place of Motion [ Ann ] - Normally, I don't read a lot of CCS fic. Not because I don't want to (I love reading CCS fic!), but because there's *so* much of it out there that the good stuff can be hard to find. Usually, I just head for the yaoi stuff (which tends to be better written in pretty much ALL fandoms in existance) which means I don't get to read a lot of SyaoranxSakura. I *would* look for more, but I don't want to wade through a ton of bad fics to get to the good ones. So, when I stumble across good ones, it's such a treat. Ann's stories (the non-Sakura/Yue ones)(not that I have anything against the pairing, but I have no interest outside of the traditional pairings)(personal preference and all that) are great fun, switching between drama and cute, sugary fluff. (The good kind of cute sugary fluff!)(I use too many parentheses.) Just like the show. Her characterizations are spot on, and she captures the feel of the show very nicely. The writing is good, very readable, and the characters are just so cute that I want to scoop them up and hug them. (That's a compliment, since I wanted to do the same thing to the canon characters.) Her writing just... captures the *feel* of CCS. I can never get enough of that. ^_^v
- CCS - Tokyo Roadkill - joudama's writing - I am in utter love with joudama's Freeze My Love and want to know where the hell the story is going. The writing is excellent, very well done and befitting of the series, characterization is spot-on, and, dammit, I want to know what is the deal with Yukito and Yue this story has cooking up. I love that rather than Syaoran's attraction to Yue abating, it grew stronger as both his and Yue's magic grew stronger; it makes sense that the more powerful each of them were, the stronger Syaoran would feel that 'pull'. And in case I haven't mentioned it a bunch of times recently... I *heart* Touya and Yukito. (All the regular canon pairings.)
- CCS - Normality by Meia - I love this fic if just for the first sentance of the third paragraph. That was a great line. The whole thing is wonderfully cute and funny and just perfect. Loved it. (No real pairings, except an offhand mention of TouyaxYukito.)
- CCS - The Yamasutra by tin - Oh, my god. This was so goddamned funny! Yamazaki was hysterical, and the reactions he get were priceless. Just... go read. And laugh yourself sick. (Canon pairings and hints of EriolxTomoyo.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Loss by B.Na - Oh, this was perfect. After a long while without much good Touya-centric CCS fic, this was so nice.
During the final manga chapter, watching Sakura and Syaoran.... I hate to lose something thatís precious to me. I donít value many things. But the things that I do value, I want to keep with me forever.
I lost something precious to me once, long ago.
Once you lose something, you can never get it back. That treasure is so rare, you can never replace it. And you are left poorer than before. I am not a wealthy man.
It fills in the gap of what Touya must have been thinking watching them that final time, I can easily see this sliding right into canon. I really don't have any other words for it other than it felt so right to me. (No real pairings, hints of canon pairings, though.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Twists by Twylise - Touya-POV pieces are hard to come by... at least good ones. ^_^ I adore Twylise's writing and I loved the characterization of Touya. Him thinking about how Syaoran fawns over Yuki and tries to show up Sakura all the time: And my poor little imouto is far to sweet and innocent to fight back. Well at least to non- family members. Personally I think the Gaki wouldn't bother her any more if Sakura gave him one of those sharp kicks and pinches she subjects me too every now and again. I swear girls can be so sensitive sometimes, it's not my fault she stomps around like a kajiuu all the time. If she didn't want me calling her a monster she should learn to walk more gracefully, not whop me one and hope I'll shut up.
Just adorable in the way the original series was. (Canon pairings 'n such.)
- Gundam Wing/Cardcaptor Sakura/Lord of the Rings - Izumi 01: The Fountain District [ Fan Art Site ] - I believe I've rec'd this site before, but it was probably for just the Gundam Wing stuff (which is the predominant series here) and I wanted to re-rec it because there are a lot of other series here as well. AlexeCinz's art style took me awhile to get used to (it's not a typical style), but once I did... she does some of the most gorgeous anime fanarts out there. I'm not really sure how to describe them, other than lush, gorgeous, beautiful, etc. It's also wonderful to see that she focuses on all the characters equally, and no blatant favoritism shows up. One of my absolute favorite GW sites. Ooh! And her Cardcaptor Sakura illustrations are gorgeous, too. Babble, babble, babble. (No single pairing theme, really.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Cardcaptor Touya by Van Donovan - Have I never rec'd this story? Shame on me. Seriously. Because this is one of those stories that... while the writing could use a little scrubbing with the beta brush (it's a bit awkward and could be polished up a bit), it absolutely, utterly hooked me with the story the author is telling. The basic premise is that after CCS, there's another set of card, much darker in nature than the Clow/Sakura cards, that fall into the hands of Kinomoto Touya this time. The background and details the author has built for this fic are wonderful, I find myself truly interested in both the guardian and the cards themselves. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to know what's going to happen next, what's going to be thrown Touya's way next, how he's going to deal with it, how everything will be affected by Sakura and her magic and just... gah! I want more of this story. Because I effing love the concept and execution of it. *sparkles* (Some Touya+Yukito, but it's not the point of the story.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/Wish - How To Destroy Angels by Sunfreak - You know, normally crossovers aren't my thing, but today seems to be the day for them. (Perhaps I ought to read the Furuba/Petshop of Horrors crossover I keep thinking is one of the bestest ideas ever....) But I was lured in by the promise of an intra-CLAMP crossover with Touya in a main role. And, oh, this is just charming and sparkling and silly and just has that CLAMP feel to it. It's a gorgeous blend of both series, it makes sense, and is just very cleverly written. I love the way pretty much EVERYONE gets a scene here--even Fujitaka and Nadeshiko! *loves*--I love the fabulous writing, I love the idea, I love the sort of madcap lighter CLAMP feel the story has, and most of all... it's just... it feels like a little slice of both series. How can I not love that? Plus, eeeeeeeee! TOUYA AND KOHAKU AND OMG SO MUCH CUTENESS ALL AROUND! *spazzes happily* XD (Canon pairings, but nothing that's taken center stage, really.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Those days... by Elihice - Oh, this was so much fun, something I really wanted to start my day off right, with a giggle over an adorable little story. It's one of those that's just... it's silly, but it's not overly silly, the tone was just right for me and, man, the ending still sets me off into a gigglefit again and again. Plus, it was just... it was nice CCS fic, the kind that really felt like the characters again and had just enough Touya to keep me interested. ^_~ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - How to Go Trick or Treating by Meg - This story came not that long after the 2004 election results (for me reading it, that is, since I was kind of ignoring my flist for awhile) and thank god for it because it helped cheer me up immensely. Yukito and Nakuru antics while trick or treating! It could have been positively mediocre in someone else's hands, but in Meg's? Hil-goddamned-larious. It's one of those stories that has a giggle or an outright cackle at least once every paged down screen, so that by the time I was done reading, I had a nice little endorphin rush going and just... god, SO FUNNY. Nakuru. Yukito. Trick or treating. With CANDY being given to them. Visiting CCS (or CLAMP-friendly) characters. Each little section was genius and perfectly used the potential in them and the one where they visit Yuuko? I was on the floor at that one. GENIUS and OMGSOFUNNY. ....I refuse to spoil it by quoting. *huffs* (No real warnings/pairings, not really.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Playing Your Cards Right by Aishuu - How I missed this fic the first time around, I'll never know, but I'm glad Aishuu reposted it to her comm because it brought it to my attention and I got a chance to read it and just... HEE. It's one of those stories that's cute, sparkling, and funny, but done in such a way that it matches the original series' sense of humor so perfectly well. Like, I could have seen this stuck somewhere in the series, that's how adorably it was done. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Smiles by Cygna-hime - Do you know how much I flail with happiness when there's a good Kaho fic to be found? Not just decent, not one that's actually sorta nice to her, but one that's so painfully well-written it leaves a little ache in my fangirl heart? The writing of this story is beautiful, the characterization of Kaho is stunningly depthful, especially in how she views other people viewing her. It gives her a real humanity, wondering just how much people like her for her, for her smiles and how much they like her simply because of her powerful magic, but without ever degenerating into too much angst. It's one of those stories that blurs the lines between fanfic and canon for me because the feeling it evoked in me was so strongly reminiscent of CLAMP that I could easily see this fitting together with the canon character herself. Her relationships with the various CCS cast are fantastically done, not needing to be lingered over to really hit you in the chest, and just... I'm all aflutter over this fic, as you can see. >__> (Canon couples referenced.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/XXXholic - untitled by Elihice - Note: I would suggest reading the post linked in this fic, as it'll explain the concept behind the crossover better. After you've done that... HEEHEEHEE. Watanuki as part of the Kinomoto family? It shouldn't be this seamless or this brilliant, but when Elihice writes it... it's just genius. It's beautifully CLAMP in that funny way, all the little touches (especially Kero-chan's role or the way Touya is so Touya about it all) and the fantastic writing. God, THIS is why I'll never leave the CLAMP fandoms, because you get brilliant crossovers like this that actually do justice to the idea. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Said and Unsaid by Elihice - I can't believe I'd never read this fic before, as it's a beautiful post-manga story that just... it slides together with the series events and tone so very well that it just feels like a continuation of the series, except that it actually gets at the little loose character ends that CLAMP never seemed to bother with. It's a gorgeous look at the way both Yue and Keroberos are dealing with all the changes in their lives, how things are different now, how they miss things that used to be, how they deal with each other and those around them. It's not just that each of them are beautifully in character, it's also that each flash of memory that comes up is so vivid and crystal clear that I could immediately picture it in the CCS style, it all fit together in this beautiful, elegant whole. And then when Yue and Keroberos finally interact at the end? Wahhh, I wish I could write a better rec for this story, because it deserves something brilliant and insightful to say about it. It's just... beautiful and the emotion of the piece was exactly what the author was attempting to achieve. (No real warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Missing Points by Elihice - A lovely follow-up to the previous fic (not that you really need to read the first one, this stands well enough on its own), one of those stories that helps fill in the gaps of just how the events of the end of the CCS manga would effect the characters. A lot of things had changed/been revealed, it's been quite the ride for these characters... Touya and Fujitaka no exception. I really liked that... despite that father and son never really say much, so much is said here, so much emotion is put behind the words they don't have to say. Plus, oh, man, the flashes of little!Touya were adorable and heartrending. <3 (No real warnings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Cat Will Play by trixie - Awww! Clow and Keroberos! No one ever writes Clow and Keroberos genfic! And this was so much fun, something so simple as Clow and Keroberos hiding in a closet together, the gentle and fun way Clow will pet his mane and you can just feel how much Keroberos loves his master. And, of course, Yue being so crabby. This was just... fun. :D (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Perceptions and Truths by Katharos - Clow and Keroberos fic! CLOW AND KEROBEROS FIC AND IT WAS SO CUTE AND I WAS TOTALLY GLEEING BY THE END. And, yes, yes, the caps were necessary, all that. Just... oh, Clow. Clow who obviously loves his creations so much that you can feel it without even having to be told, Clow who absolutely delights in being evil to them, Clow who is such a wonderful bastard sometimes. And Keroberos! So... Kero and the surprising twist about how Clow's family sees such a ferocious-looking lion as a guardian and what kind of creature Kero really is and all of these little details when Keroberos and Clow are interacting that had me lit up like the proverbial fangirly Christmas tree because those two should get more attention in fandom and then a fantastic ending. The kind that had me rather squeaking quite gleefully, especially with the last few lines. AHAHAHAHAHAHA, I TOTALLY HOPE THAT'S HOW IT HAPPENED. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Immersion Therapy by Meg - I could have sworn I rec'd this story already, but I cannot find it anywhere in my pile of recs. So... if I rec it twice, well, I hope Meg won't mind too much. Because HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, god, Suppi-chan and Kero-chan interacting? With sugar? With Suppi-chan trying to get over his addiction/sugar highs and Kero-chan being OH SO SUPPORTIVE REALLY and Suppi-chan's thoughts as the sugar makes its way into his system? All with fantastic comedic timing? Yeah. Nobody writes CCS fic like Meg. (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/XXXholic - A Wizard's Staff by Meg - FUFUFUFUFU. You know, for all that I love Clow always being the serene bastard and making other people screech in rage, it is brilliant to see the shoe on the other foot for once. Because you know, know Yuuko and Kero-chan would totally gang up on him and you should probably feel badly for Clow, but HAHAHAHAHA NO. *loves this fic with mad abandon, cannot stop grinning even now* (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/XXXholic - Meeting by Laurus Nobilis - So, Meg pointed this fic out the other day and I'm really glad she did because I had somehow managed to miss it (Wtf? I usually see these things! :O!) and I adore Laurus Nobilis' fics, she always seems to come up with these amazing little crossover fics. And Touya and Watanuki interaction is fabulous, especially because it really captures the essence of XXXholic, the way there's a point to be made, there's a parallel to be drawn between these two characters. It's one of those that I never really thought of on my own, but reading it here makes it seem so blindingly obvious and it fairly well sparkles right off the screen. I mean, it's Touya and Watanuki! I love the interaction, I loved the dialogue, I love the hints at Yuuko's machinations that Watanuki just didn't get and I loved this whole thing. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/Harry Potter - Hogwarts, A Life by Meg - I probably should stick this in with the other drabbles and shortfics, but, feh. It's so sparkly neato keen cool that I have to rec it properly! Because it's Clow at Hogwarts and Dumbledore and the way Clow would have fit in with such a school and it's packed with all these lovely little details that just mesh the two worlds brilliantly and there's a reason everyone screams at Meg for more and goes all sparkly-eyed over it. Plus, omg, I loved the detail about Clow's purebloodedness, it was just absolutely perfect for the surprising... complexity of the HPverse. So much cool in this fic. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/xxxHOLiC - untitled by Ciircee - As I've mentioned before, one of the great things about CLAMP's universes are the potential for crossovers because of little ideas like this one. Yuuko and Eriol having a conversation through magic while Tomoyo is in the room, after having received a dream-visit from Tomoyo-hime? Fantastic. The author has a terrific talent for little bits of humor or sharp turn of phrase so that these characters come to life in her hands and live up to the potential they have. I mean, Tomoyo's sort of an evil genius, except not really evil, except okay yes she is rather evil but still so soft-spoken, polite, nice, and cute! And it does Yuuko good to lose the upperhand sometimes. I want more of this one, I want Kurogane (and the others) to get there, I want more conversations with Yuuko and Eriol, I want more of Yuuko calling him "little spectacles", I want more of Nakuru being... well, Nakuru. More of it all. D: (Maybe some Eriol/Tomoyo, but also gen.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - An Unbalanced Triangle by Katharos - I have such a fondness for Touya fics, especially a younger Touya and those days after Nadeshiko died but before the series started are so rarely written about. It just... this fic gets at so many of the reasons I love little!Touya, the too-serious boy he must have already been, the way he takes care of so much more than one his age should be responsible for, yet still so young even as he takes care of Sakura, but there's no anger or bitterness here, it's just... quietly bittersweet because I feel for the character. And just very... CCS somehow, even when it's sad with the loss of their mother, very much like the series in the way it's the little things that can mean so much. *gibbers* (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - tea and sympathy sold out by Meg - Dammit, I'm not supposed to be reading anime/manga stuff right now, I'm supposed to be geeking out over TV and comics. But. Meg posted fic with Eriol and Suppi-chan and I wasn't going to be able to resist that. And it's adorable because it's Suppi-chan being kinda bossy and mildly know-it-all at Eriol, except he's right, and there are fantastic parallels drawn between Eriol and Clow and there are some really fantastic lines in this. I had fun. :D (No real warnings/pairings.)
- xxxHOLiC/Cardcaptor Sakura - Better Than Drinking Alone by allira_dream - I meant to go to bed last night. But I was gathering up a few last-minute fic links to read in the morning and I wanted to skim this one to see if it was worth pursuing. Cut to about ten minutes later when I was clicking all over the author's tags to find more of her Clow/Yuuko fic to read and... well, here we are. There's something very pretty and elegant about the writing for the characters here, something very sad but very pretty and magical at the same time, all the things I want from Clow/Yuuko even if it's not really Clow/Yuuko. And OMG OMG OMG. The author addressed Madoushi! I loved Clow and Madoushi! This fits together brilliantly well with how I loved both pairings, making me love both all the more at the same time! Yuuko watching Clow play the piano, the way they don't really talk directly about things, the way Yuuko knows things about Clow that no one else does... all of it is gorgeous. (Clow/Yuuko, but not really, it's mostly gen. Mentions of possible Clow/Madoushi.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Roll the Dice by Laurus Nobilis - Again, I've been going through a lot of authors' archives that I like in an attempt to play catchup since I've been in a fic reading mood, apparently. And this was. This was fabulous, such an insightful piece about the connection between Clow and Fujitaka, shown through a delightful, charming game of backgammon with Kero-chan. There are so many little details that make everything click into place, that make Fujitaka's character make so much sense that it's almost hard to believe that CLAMP didn't plan for these things exactly as they're shown here. The author is one of my favorites for CCS because I love the characters deeply and truly, but so much of what was fun about it was the background world that everything was set in. And, omg, this totally fed my love for both Fujitaka and Clow. And Kero-chan omg. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - A Bit of Advice by Laurus Nobilis - You know, it might have been weird to see a series like CCS crossed over with something like Foster's... but the way this is written, it seems so natural a thing for them to cross dimensions. I love so many little details here, I love Frankie's reactions to having tea with her grandmother, Clow, and the Guardians. But mostly I love that Madame Foster and Clow would be fantastic tea partners, I love the way Madame Foster slips seamlessly into the world here. (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - ten things about fujitaka by Meg - Oh, man. I love Fujitaka, both for his connection to Clow and for his character himself; the way Meg writes him is just perfect here. You get both sides of the character here, half Clow and yet entirely himself, especially with his interaction with the other characters--Sonomi and Kero-chan especially. The details are brilliant, they serve to both illuminate his character and draw ties to the rest of the CLAMPverse, drawing in Clow's history, TRC history, HOLiC history, all without stretching the character too far. These are ten utterly brilliant things that say seemingly dozens of things about the character. Clearly, Meg should never be allowed to leave CLAMP fandoms ever. ♥ (No specific pairings by any means.)
- Shoujo Kakumei Utena/Cardcaptor Sakura - First Steps by Aishuu - I enjoyed this fic for the point of it, the conflict between Touya and Touga, the hints of what it is that Touga sees in Touya. It's interesting and insightful. And yet I find the thing I liked most about this fic is the way it reminds me of just why I'm a squeeing Touya fan, why I love him just so damn much, why I want to run around LJ and FFNET and find every readable Touya fic I can. CCS fic should always do that to me, I think. ^_~ (....I'd call this gen more than anything?)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Writer's Block by Aishuu - I know fandom tends to want to string me up for this, but I actually sort of like the idea of Touya/Nakuru. I mean, yes, Touya and Yukito/Yue are meant to be and I'd bite off anyone's face if they disagreed. But I liked the potential of something that was never going to happen with Touya and Nakuru, which this fic totally has fun with. Nakuru is interesting, sort of genuinely liking Touya, sort of completely craving his magic, and just so... delightful and off the wall that it's pure Nakuru trying to write a letter to Touya. Hee. ♥ (Some Touya/Nakuru, but one-sided.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Return by Laurus Nobilis - This is a really lovely take on the theme from 31_days, a really interesting look at Clow Reed in his own time, as his own character. There's a sense of... not being the tragic magician who had too much power or the silly, smiling magician who had an evil sense of humor, but something in between, something very... human about him, despite that there's an air of legend about him, too. I can't really say it better than that, it's almost a simple piece, but so full of little details and smooth writing that I just adored it, it reminds me of why Clow is one of my favorite CLAMP characters. ♥ (No warnings/pairings.)
Cardcaptor Sakura/Princess Tutu - All That's Best of Dark and Bright by allira_dream - I saw the link for this, a crossover between CCS and Princess Tutu, written by allira_dream, the two main characters being Clow Reed and Drosselmeyer, and I clicked on that link absolutely immediately. The fic doesn't disappoint, it's this... almost whimsical, but with something not precisely sinister lurking underneath it, which fits a character like Drosselmeyer so well. The little touches, with the cards, with storytelling, with wish-granting, with the clocks, it's all fantastically done. I love the contrasts against these two powerful characters who manipulate events from afar, how utterly different they feel, even when they're simply having a conversation, it's a really insightful piece, I thought. (No warnings/pairings.)
Cardcaptor Sakura: Reunion by cygna_hime - I wish I'd paid more attention to the CCS fandom, because I might have found this fic earlier and been not quite as cranky at the series for the way the Amamiya storyline was handled. (Though, upon a reread it wasn't as frustrating as I remembered it, honestly.) Because this fic is about how the Amamiya family ignored Nadeshiko's first child and then came around once Sakura ran into them and it's... hard not to be a little hurt on Touya's behalf. This is the kind of fic that, admittedly, hits me exactly so close to home, so of course I was going to be a little more emotional about it than most people, but it really kind of knocked me for a loop. The execution is lovely and very powerful, almost hard to read because of how understated yet intense everything is in the writing. This is one of those fics that makes the fandom that much more complete for me. (Some Touya/Yukito, but it's not really the focus.)
Cardcaptor Sakura: Balancing the Moon by Aegis - This fic starts off with the line: "So," the stuffed bear says in a manner of great import. "If he doesn't feel weird, that power transfer totally failed.", which is an excellent indicator of what's to come with it. Granted, I'm biased because it was written for me and my crappy days lately and my preferences with the CCS manga post-canon, but this is honestly one of the best fics I've read in the fandom and certainly one of those that's made my face hurt from all the grinning and shrieking I did. The author has an amazing way with the characters, both in balancing the major cast members that Touya interacts with and in absolutely nailing each and every one of them, making them not only IC but shriek-inducingly funny. Her Kero-chan is especially a delight, but there are moments with Fujitaka, Eriol, Syaoran, Sakura, Yue, Yukito, Dark, Mirror, and more that are just as amazing to read. It's post-manga where Touya gets his power back and there's magical theory worked into the fic and her Touya is spot on, with the way he's so gruff with everything and yet you can still pick up on how much he cares, which was fantastic. I'm honestly not sure what I love most about this fic, I just kind of... want to explode all over it, in a shower of sparkles and love, because it's exactly what I have always wanted, like it was made just for meeeeeee! (Implied Touya/Yukito, Touya/Yue, but it's not the point.)
Cardcaptor Sakura: Scattered Blossoms by Peacewish - So, having gotten a new handheld to read fic on and combining that with a renewed love for CCS, I finally decided to tackle one of those fics that I've been meaning to read forever now. It's just over 100,000 words and I read it all in a couple of days and hardly even noticed the time passing because the author's writing is very, very polished. I can't say I see the same Touya as she does, that I agree with the (admittedly pre-series) characterization for him (or Fujitaka and the dynamic between Touya - Sakura and Touya - Fujitaka) or the voice he had, and I found the writing over the top in several places, but I don't mean for this to be a backhanded rec. I seriously ate up every single word of this fic in a really short time, I kept picking it back up because I couldn't put it down. As a story, it's incredibly well-paced and emotionally satisfying, very professional in how the entire thing was put together.
While it reads a bit more like original fic than CCS fic, it's also... hm, how to put this? Touya is my favorite character, so I gravitate towards anything with him in it and I found that this was definitely one of the more fun stories to read about him. I would read it again in a heartbeat, I would pick up more Touya fic from this author, etc. And one of the best things is that the author sucked me into his journey here, the anger he has after the loss of his mother, the distance he feels from his family, the frustration at being asked to grow up too quickly, the tension with his father and his sister--it was impossible not to get sucked into it because the author is truly talented. It's also a really interesting take on the Touya/Kaho relationship pre-series and that's one of my favorite, especially because her role in his life was so important and affected him so deeply. You can really feel that come through in the writing. (Touya/Kaho, other implications of future canon, it's also a character piece.)