- Cardcaptor Sakura - Ice Breakers - by Suppi no Miko/Suppi-chan/Meg - If I were able to be convinced to believe in EriolxTomoyo, this would be the fic that would convert me. (It's not that I don't believe the pairing could work, I just... my interest in Eriol and Tomoyo don't go so far as to be interested in pairings for either of them. I'm not even interested in TomoyoxSakura. I don't *dis*like it, I'm just too busy drooling over Touya to focus on anything else. ^_~) The writing is superb, the dialogue snappy and fun, and these characters are so wonderously *themselves*. This *feels* like CCS. (A story can be excellent without feeling like the original series.) I can't describe it, other than to say it captures the very essence of the original series in a way that really hit home with me. The first part was my favorite, the shopping trip had me in stitches. One of the best CCS fics out there.
- CCS - Normality by Meia - I love this fic if just for the first sentance of the third paragraph. That was a great line. The whole thing is wonderfully cute and funny and just perfect. Loved it. (No real pairings, except an offhand mention of TouyaxYukito.)
- CCS - The Yamasutra by tin - Oh, my god. This was so goddamned funny! Yamazaki was hysterical, and the reactions he get were priceless. Just... go read. And laugh yourself sick. (Canon pairings and hints of EriolxTomoyo.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Guardian Beast of the Seal, Wimpy, Scaredy Cat by Dr Megalomania - An amusing parody with a bunch of funny lines, cute scenes for every cute couple in CCS, a few mild hints of angst, a semi-serious issue here and there, and more TouyaxYue WAFF than you can shake a stick at. Just... fun; I liked it. ^_^ (SakuraxSyaoran, TouyaxYue/Yukito, EriolxTomoyo, all the usual pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Say You Love Me by Chelle - I cackled the whole way through this, it was so perfect. Fujitaka having a mild nutjob streak in him, the way he nearly revelled in baiting Sonomi... it was brilliant. I love this Fujitaka. I'd marry him if I could. And Sonomi was hysterical!
And damn him for wearing that suit. He couldn’t make this easy on her, could he? Oh, no, Kinomoto had to go and wear the suit that she liked best - the dark one with the vest that emphasized his lean waist and solid chest. Of course, with the overcoat that nearly matched his burnt caramel hair and eyes he seemed even…. She scowled as she realized where her train of thought was going. Bastard. Stupid, tall, broad-shouldered, pretty-faced bastard. She’d kill him, see if she didn’t.
It's writing like this that can get me to be really quite fond of these alternate pairings. (All the usual Chelle pairings--FujitakaxSonomi, EriolxTomoyo, SyaoranxSakura, TouyaxYuki, etc. Most are just hinted at, FujitakaxSonomi being the focus of the fic.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - A Rose Petal Love Story by Chelle - Every once in awhile I really like reading a Chiharu-chan/Yamazaki-kun story, and this one was just perfect. Weaving in Eriol and talking flowers and magic was perfect, Yamazaki insisting that he was telling the truth, and Chiharu... not quite believing, but not disbelieving, either, and both of them just generally being sweet and showing how much they love each other. Wonderful. (Chiharu-chan/Yamazaki-kun.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Standing There by Chelle - I *heart* Chelle's writing. But this is nothing new. As always, I like her take on Sonomi, Fujitaka, and Nadeshiko, and Sonomi watching their first meeting is wonderfully done.
Yeah, sensei, she’s all right. Very common thing. Yes, she is cute as an angel. Please, tell me I’m dreaming. Nadeshiko, you get off that man this instant. Now slap him for using that lame line on you and walk away. Come on, you can do it!
The last line made me hurt for Sonomi even though, in her own way, she was happy for them. Normally, I'm not too forgiving of the Amamiya family members for disliking the Fujitaka/Nadeshiko union, but in this situation, I totally feel for Sonomi. Wah. (FujitakaxNadeshiko with hints of Sonomi+Nadeshiko/Fujitaka.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Something to Ask You, Something to Tell You, and Something I Won't Say by Chelle - Chelle is evil for making me like this pairing (FujitakaxSonomi) as much as I do. I mean, I love Fujitaka/Nadeshiko--it had to have been one of the sweetest and most powerful loves, you can tell that just by looking at the two of them. What helps is that Nadeshiko isn't ignored, that love is still there, but as the author herself said, there are many rooms of the heart, blah, blah, blah. And, to my surprise, the pairing really and truly works; I eagerly pounce any time Chelle (or Circe) post a new story in their little universe.
This trilogy was adorable, Sonomi was perfect, Fujitaka was perfect, and it was hilarious in that Cardcaptor Sakura way. The ending of "Something I Won't Say" was priceless, so so funny and beautifully done. And I mentioned that Fujitaka and Sonomi are amazingly written, na? Subtle when needed, intelligent, witty, charming, and just overall clever. So very, very clever. (FujitakaxSonomi, and all the other usual Chelle pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - An Ordinary Family by Chelle - You know, sometimes I feel really bad for Fujitaka the way he has to put up with so much, and Touya was a little brat in this story. >_>;; But beyond that... I love Chelle's writing, and I loved seeing a story set during the time when Touya was a baby before Sakura was born. Not a lot of fics get written about that time, so to not only find one, but find a really good one... happiness. (A little bit of Fujitaka+Nadeshiko.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Sakura and the Pin that Dropped by Mer - Oh, I just had to rec this story, because it amused me so very much. I... cannot even quote or describe without giving away some of the jokes. Just... go read. And laugh. (Li'l bit shounen ai and shoujo ai.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Morning People by baka deshi - Heeheehee. Touya-waking-up-fic! I love the author's take on the character, because she does such a fantastic job of hitting that balance between cranky and genuinely caring that Touya is, because her humor is actually funny. Because I love the image of Yukito being a morning person (Touya had asked him once how on earth that was possible, and Yuki had gotten that weird spacey look before saying (in Yue's voice) that "My former Master had an...odd sense of humor." (The Plushie, for his part, had simply clarified that "Clow was as nutty as a fruitcake, and there's just No Accounting for Some People.") ....I crack up EVERY TIME I read that. XD XD XD), because Touya being cranky at the morning light and the BIRDS amuses me so much, because everything working against him makes me break out in delighted laughter, because this is such a FUN fic. <3<3<3 (A little Touya/Yukito, but nothing explicit.)
- Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE/XXXholic/Cardcaptor Sakura - utitled triple crossover by Elihice - Seriously. Still so much with the love for CLAMP's various worlds and how they cross over and how much potential is there for moments like this, when Clow and Yuuko are discussing and making plans for the future. I love the idea of this, the way two Clows from different universes meet up, the sheer amount of fun that scene was, but... at the same time, there's this serious undertone of what they know is going to happen, what they're doing to shape the future. It's sharp writing and it's all so... CLAMP. I love it. Also, MUCH TOUYA LOVE HOORAY. *shimmers* (No real warnings/pairings, I wouldn't say.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura & Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Magic & Coronation by Elihice - Magic: This was a perfect Fujitaka post-manga fic, the way magic affects him and the way it does. Elihice's writing is always lovely, but it struck me as especially so in this one, that she does the character perfectly and the writing is beautiful by itself. It's just... yeah, that's CCS, the different types of magic that always warmed my heart. Beautiful Fujitaka fic.
Coronation: And this one was a very nice pre/post-Coronation Touya-ou fic, where he has the weight of the entire country on his shoulders and he barely has time to grieve for his lost father and he's so Touya when he isn't quite sure he can do this, but that the sight of his special people give him strength. The Touya/Yukito relationship is lovely, I adored all the little details (especially Touya's views of that little brat his sister likes so much, that was perfect ♥), and it's just so... CLAMP/TRC. <3 (Just a hint of Fujitaka/Nadeshiko for the first, Touya/Yukito for the second.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/XXXholic - Greetings my stupid four-eyed cousin... by cynic_in_charge - I admit, I wasn't sure I was entirely onboard with the characterization of Yuuko in this story, but the writing is smooth and the details are solid (the mentions of feathered wings versus gossamer wings was particularily nice, as well as the description of Yue and Keroberos in the past) and there was one thing that really sent me over the edge with this. The very three sentences of this fic prompted the most hilarious image I have read since... well, probably the last brilliant fic I read. Because, seriously. I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER PAYING SOMEONE TO WRITE THAT. IT WOULD BE SO FUNNY. (No warnings/pairings.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura/xxxHOLiC - untitled by Ciircee - As I've mentioned before, one of the great things about CLAMP's universes are the potential for crossovers because of little ideas like this one. Yuuko and Eriol having a conversation through magic while Tomoyo is in the room, after having received a dream-visit from Tomoyo-hime? Fantastic. The author has a terrific talent for little bits of humor or sharp turn of phrase so that these characters come to life in her hands and live up to the potential they have. I mean, Tomoyo's sort of an evil genius, except not really evil, except okay yes she is rather evil but still so soft-spoken, polite, nice, and cute! And it does Yuuko good to lose the upperhand sometimes. I want more of this one, I want Kurogane (and the others) to get there, I want more conversations with Yuuko and Eriol, I want more of Yuuko calling him "little spectacles", I want more of Nakuru being... well, Nakuru. More of it all. D: (Maybe some Eriol/Tomoyo, but also gen.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Race for the Emerald by Laurus Nobilis - There's something so utterly charming about a romance novel version of Fujitaka and Nadeshiko, especially when it's so warm and fluffy and the tone is so perfectly suited to them. It's also got a nice blending with canon characters, like with Sonomi's role in things, the way there's conflict and something like hard feelings, but without being depressing, because it's CCS and things are happy in CCS. I have a huge soft spot for this pairing and this fic just rolled right along for me, which sort of surprise me, because I'm not one who's much for AUs, but this... this was too cute a concept/execution not to fall in love with. (Fujitaka/Nadeshiko.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Things Forgotten by bell - This was 279 words of beautiful, lovely ow. Perhaps I shouldn't rec such a small fic, but it's one of the few fics from the anti-OTP meme that I could bring myself to read (because I am not the type of fan to often indulge in depressing myself most of the time, shut up ^_~) and it's just... so pretty and so good at hurting a fangirl's heart in such a bittersweet sort of way. (Implications of Syaoran/Sakura and Tomoyo/Sakura.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - KuroTomo in CCS world & KeroSuppiSugar OT3 only not really by Meg - Technically, the second one probably should have gone in with the drabbles, but that's okay 'cause the first one is long enough to count and, a;dslfjkaldfjkasldk, Kurogane in the CCS world, I didn't know I absolutely needed it until it was written! And, of course, it was such fun and Tomoyo is all ^__^ and evil and isn't he cute and Kurogane is all I AM STANDING RIGHT HERE YOU BASTARDS and Sakura is adorable and Sonomi is priceless. I choose to believe CCS!Kurogane was introduced to the CCS world this way, yes. The second one was adorably fun as well, Spinel on a sugar-high is never not great. I lol'd. >:D (....some KuroTomo if you squint, the second is pretty gen.)
- Cardcaptor Sakura - Writer's Block by Aishuu - I know fandom tends to want to string me up for this, but I actually sort of like the idea of Touya/Nakuru. I mean, yes, Touya and Yukito/Yue are meant to be and I'd bite off anyone's face if they disagreed. But I liked the potential of something that was never going to happen with Touya and Nakuru, which this fic totally has fun with. Nakuru is interesting, sort of genuinely liking Touya, sort of completely craving his magic, and just so... delightful and off the wall that it's pure Nakuru trying to write a letter to Touya. Hee. ♥ (Some Touya/Nakuru, but one-sided.)
Cardcaptor Sakura: Scattered Blossoms by Peacewish - So, having gotten a new handheld to read fic on and combining that with a renewed love for CCS, I finally decided to tackle one of those fics that I've been meaning to read forever now. It's just over 100,000 words and I read it all in a couple of days and hardly even noticed the time passing because the author's writing is very, very polished. I can't say I see the same Touya as she does, that I agree with the (admittedly pre-series) characterization for him (or Fujitaka and the dynamic between Touya - Sakura and Touya - Fujitaka) or the voice he had, and I found the writing over the top in several places, but I don't mean for this to be a backhanded rec. I seriously ate up every single word of this fic in a really short time, I kept picking it back up because I couldn't put it down. As a story, it's incredibly well-paced and emotionally satisfying, very professional in how the entire thing was put together.
While it reads a bit more like original fic than CCS fic, it's also... hm, how to put this? Touya is my favorite character, so I gravitate towards anything with him in it and I found that this was definitely one of the more fun stories to read about him. I would read it again in a heartbeat, I would pick up more Touya fic from this author, etc. And one of the best things is that the author sucked me into his journey here, the anger he has after the loss of his mother, the distance he feels from his family, the frustration at being asked to grow up too quickly, the tension with his father and his sister--it was impossible not to get sucked into it because the author is truly talented. It's also a really interesting take on the Touya/Kaho relationship pre-series and that's one of my favorite, especially because her role in his life was so important and affected him so deeply. You can really feel that come through in the writing. (Touya/Kaho, other implications of future canon, it's also a character piece.)