real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfiction - RoyxEd - [ page one - page two - page three - page four ] Anyone who knows me, cannot possibly be surprised that I immediately took to this pairing, because, wow, it's exactly what I go for and it's really kinda there if you want to see it. (Okay, I can see how you wouldn't see it, but you have to admit that you can see how I would see it if I'm going to admit that. ^_~) I just really like the fun chemistry, the way Roy is so much more than his flakey exterior would seem, the way he clearly has an interest in Edward and the way Edward is annoyed by him like no other. XD
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfiction - Gen - [ page one - page two - page three - page four ] I will, however, actually read gen, too. I genuinely like the characters for themselves, I don't necessarily need the yaoi, I'm content to read character pieces as well. When I started, the fandom was still in its infancy, but over time I found a lot of good stories on characters like Al or even gen stuff about Roy or Ed or some of the other background characters. Surprisingly, it turned out to be around the same size as the pairing sections, which makes me very happy.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfic - WinryxAl - Well, since people are actually starting to write this pairing every so often, I'm going to go ahead and give Winry/Al it's own section. The thing about this pairing is that... this is actually the first pairing to ping out at me from the series and continues to be one of those that I have great affection for. Al treating her like a princess, always holding her hand or kissing her cheek or telling her how wonderful she is, always with a sparkle in his eyes. And Winry being spunky and brilliant enough to keep up with him, hell, ahead of him on some things, and being solid and there for him. I adore them so much.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfic - Other Pairings - While I rarely venture out of my other set pairings, occasionally I'll read an odd pairing or I'll read something that I just happened to like because it was done really well.
For right now, Havoc/Hawkeye will be put in here because it doesn't seem to be garnering much attention E-fandom-side-wise, but I still have my fingers crossed. It's got it's own section now! I couldn't resisit. I just wanted this section to differeniate from the "gen" section, which will have pretty much no pairings in it. Will be het and yaoi, whatever I deign to read.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfic - HavocxHawkeye - Hawkeye/Havoc started as a glimmering moment from episode 13 that never really went anywhere for me, it was just sort of one of those things that was in the back of my head that was never played with. Until I hit a few of the J-fanart sites and there were some really nice drawings of the two of them and then I started thinking about it and WhiteCat liked the pairing, too, and then she started writing fic that put stars in my eyes and... I fell. And I will attempt to blackmail more of this pairing out of all of you.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfic - HoenheimxTrisha - When I first started the series, I had no idea that I would like this pairing as much as I did, but after actually getting to see Hoenheim in the anime and learn a bit more about that character (who seems to be markedly different from the manga version--though, I appreciate both) and tiny bits of his past with his family, I fell utterly in love with the pairing. And then Terra and Haru started writing fic... and I said to myself, hell, my page, blah, blah, blah, I'll make a Trisha/Hoenheim section! Because I'm a sucker for the married couples in this series.
~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart - RoyxEd - [ page one - page two - page three - page four - page five ] Roy/Ed art is a part of what got me to fall for this series even more than I already had. Watching all of the episodes currently released (which, at the time, was through 13) had me fawning over the characters, with a strong interest in Roy/Ed, but it was looking at the fanart that just... sent me into orbit over them and really cemented my love for this series and these characters. This is, by far, going to be the major page(s) of the FMA section on my site, because the E-fandom is still in its infancy and the J-fandom seems to be gearing up quite nicely. Love, love, love, love, LOVE the RoyxEd art. Will rec much of it.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart - Gen/Het - [ page one - page two - page three ] As much as I like the RoyxEd stuff, I'm also quite, quite interested in the ENTIRE series and there are some of the most adorable illustrations of Ed and Al (both before and after That Night) and there's some nice art of the other characters as well. Plus, y'know. As long as it's pretty.... >:D
I'm also going to lump the het fanart into this catagory, since neither are probably ever going to be very big. (And most people who are looking for gen don't mind het and vice versa.) Well, that and I'm grumpy and don't want to make a catagory just for het. ^_~ Will include Ed/Winry, Al/Winry (if I can find it), and Roy/Hawkeye.~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart - Other Yaoi - I'm not big on a lot of the other yaoi pairings (like Hughes/Roy or Roy/Havoc), but I am a HUGE Roy fangirl, so occasionally I wander into the sites and find some really beautiful stuff. This section probably won't ever get too big (if nothing else, RoyxEd seems to be the most popular pairing as far as I can tell), but there should still be enough to fill this catagory out rather nicely. Or there might be some Other/Ed that catches my attention because it's just so damn pretty and I'll chuck it into this section as well.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart - HavocxHawkeye - Oh, I couldn't help falling for this one--several site I went to had some gorgeous fanart of the two of them and I started to go *piku* over the idea. I couldn't really (at this point in time) tell you why the idea intrigues me, but it's tugging at my sleeve already, so I wanted to make a section for this pairing. ^_^v And I do find that the longer I'm into the fandom, the more I just sort of... settle into this pairing. Perhaps I couldn't tell you any better why I like it, but it hasn't gone away for me yet. Hopefully I'll be able to find more with the HavoAi search engine.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart - AlxEd - Al/Ed isn't my favorite pairing (hence why I won't read fic for it, because incest is very, very often just Not My Cuppa), but with fanart... as I've said many a time, with fanart I'm much more lax about pairings and such. And there've been a LOT of really nice Al/Ed fanart sites (and these are ones that are actually Al/Ed, not just Elric-Kyoudai art), enough so that I wanted to make a seperate section for them.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Doujinshi - Since I'd begun doing doujinshi recs for other fandoms, eventually I was going to have to come around to some of the really amazing FMA doujinshi that were out there. I've been out of the fandom for awhile, so I'm not as high energy about it as I am with other fandoms, but every so often a mood hits. I'm probably going to be almost exclusively Roy/Ed because that's my favorite pairing that gets doujinshi (my het pairings don't get, like, any, sadly) and the ones with the prettiest art. That's what usually winds up drawing me back into a fandom. *wry*