real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Scryed/Houshin Engi/Saiyuki - [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - I love the soft colors and delicate look to these illustrations, some of them almost seem to glow, which is so lovely. I'm having trouble coming up with the words to describe how much I like these images... they're just... good. Some of randome favotites include Ryuhou, Cougar and young Kazuma, and RyuhouxKazuma. The Ryuhou/Kazuma kiss illustration is gorgeous, too. +_+ Though, be warned, there's some RyuhouxMimori floating around here, too. As for the other sections, there's a ton of pretty Houshin Engi fanart, which made me a happy camper, and the first Saiyuki illustration of Goku is one of my favorites of him. (RyuhouxKazuma, RyuhouxMimori.)
- Gundam Wing/Harry Potter/Hunter x Hunter/Saiyuki/Other - Blankpapers [ Fan Art Site ] - Okay, I would love this site just for the DuoxRelena fanart (such a very, very rare pairing), but the artist is very talented and very prolific, which is a great combination. ^_^v The illustrations have a very soft, almost romantic look to them, which I like a lot, aaaaaa~nd lots of G-girls fanart in the GW section! *hearts* There's also HP, Saiyuki, HxH, and even some X and Yamimatsu fanart, all with the same lovely soft colors and gorgeous eyes. (GW, traditional het pairings.)
- Saiyuki/Too Many to Name/Original - lethe - the legend [ Thai/English? Fan Art Site ] - Goodness. This is why I like to surf for original art sometimes, becuase you can come across illustrations like this, that just seem to sparkle and glow. *coos* Kirei na.... +_+ It's also why I'm terribly glad I'm not an artist, because I'd very likely want to chop off my own hands after seeing some of these. There's some fanart mixed in, including some beautiful Lord of the Rings and Saiyuki stuff. *drools on self* Just... wah. Shorts out my brain trying to think of descriptions.
- Chobits/Hunter x Hunter/Saiyuki/Hikaru no Go/Harry Potter/Original - Quality Season [ Thai? Fan Art Site ] - I wasn't entirely sure what catagory to put this site under, since there weren't a whole lot of any one particular series, but I wanted to rec it because the art here is very cute. It's more of a sketchy quality than a lot of fanart I see, but the colors are soft and pretty enough to make it one of those styles that really works. There's only one or two for any given series I've mentioned (plus a lot I haven't), but since I like the majority of them, this site is great fun for me. *SQUEAK!* And +Anima fanart!!!! XD (No real pairings/warnings.)
- Fruits Basket/Saiyuki - KIRSCHE [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - I have no idea how I managed to miss this site until now; it's got some damn fine illustrations on it. It's not just any one thing, but the overall package that's incredibly solid art. The coloring, the original drawings, the details... etc. There's a chibi-neko-Kyou in the gallery that made me squeak happily and the chibi-Hatori is pretty (love his eyes +_+). I wasn't crazy about most of the Saiyuki art (the first one was cute) until the last one (it's down past the "other" section), a gorgeous Hakkai. +_+ (No real pairings warnings, though the artist seems to be a Kyou fan.)
- Saiyuki - God's Child [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - More pretty. ^_^v The artwork is a little too CGI-y for my preferences, but the artist still obviously has quite a lot of skill, and I did like the "airy" feeling to a lot of the images and the "shiney" colors. Plus, the little chibi-Goku's are cuuuuute. (No real pairings.)
- Weiss Kreuz/Scryed/Gundam Wing/Saiyuki/Hikaru no Go - Wind Climbing [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - Eeee! So much cute art for so many series~! I don't even know where to start... but the art is really good and there's quite a bit of here. My favorite is probably the Scryed art, the artist did some gorgeous ones of Xeres and Mimori and a lovely one of Ryuhou and Kazuma. +_+ There's also other stuff here--a couple of really pretty Saiyuki illustrations, and, ooh~! Lots of prettypretty Hikago illustrations, too~!
.....aaaaaand I just found the WK section~! Ooohh, and good stuff here, too--probably one of the best Japanese WK sites I've seen. The artist has a lot of skill and does some really solid work with the colors and... it just makes me happy. (There's a really cute Ken one in the gallery that I quite liked. ^_^ Oooh, and preeeeetty Schuldich.... +_+) ....and I'll move on now. ^_~ (No real warnings.)
- Saiyuki - Utopia [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - Ooh, pretty. The artist has really captured the Saiyuki style with the illustrations here, which makes these very cool to see. The colors are also very pretty and nice, worth checking out. No real pairings as far as I can tell, and the focus seems to be mostly on Sanzo and Goku, but there are illustrations of just about everyone. (The very first image in the Saiyuki is a cool one of Hakkai, just... wow. I also really liked this one of Sanzo and Hakkai.) Very pretty.
- Saiyuki/Yami no Matsuei - [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - Yet another site that I'm browsing through, kinda enjoying, and hit that one image that just makes me go, "*hyuu!* That's so cute!!!" and want to rec the site. Chibi-Hisoka is the cutest little thing and I just utterly adore the colors! XD There's a lot of other cute art scattered throughout the site as well, including some nice Saiyuki stuff as well. (And a really cool Hakkai/Gojyo fan doujin stationary.) Make sure you go through the kiriban section as well, since there's some adorable Saiyuki art in there! XD And, finally, this is just disturbingly cute. I want to hate it, but I can't. >_< (One or two TsuzukixHisoka-friendly images and one TatsumixTsuzuki-friendly image tucked away somewhere, I think.)
- Hikaru no Go/Houshin Engi/Saiyuki/Rurouni Kenshin/Inu-Yasha - [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - This site looks kinda familiar, so if I'm rec'ing it twice, my bad. ^_^;; Anyway, the Houshin Engi fan art is stunning, really beautiful. I don't see a lot of it, since I don't go looking for it, but I'm not averse to drooling over it when I see it. Sooo pretty. The Hikago stuff is just as gorgeous, lovely drawings and beautiful colors. *hyuuu* (It's the second link in the gallery if you want to go directly to it.)
Normally, I don't go surfing for Saiyuki fan art, because if I did, I just know I'd get sucked in and never make it back out again. -_- But if I come across a nice gallery, I'll click through it. And this one had some nice art, just as pretty as the other sections. Goku (who's the main character of this gallery) is freaking adorable. Again, I don't do much Kenshin fan art surfing and I was just going to quickly skim the gallery, but this image got me to slow down. Very pretty. I'm running out of things to say, because all the fan art is as good as the last, but I wanted to mention this one of Fluffy-sama! *starry eyes* So gorgeous. Be sure to go through the hits gallery for more lovely art as well. (No real warnings, I wouldn't even put a shounen ai warning on this one.)
- Naruto/Saiyuki/Original - Kine in [AQUA] [ Korean Fanart Site ] - When I first clicked onto this site, I wasn't entirely sure what to make of the art, because it was very... hmm, the best way I keep thinking of to describe it is that it almost looks like the artist could have been from Ribbon; very beautiful colors, delicate lines, very shoujo-y. And normally for series like Naruto or Saiyuki that doesn't really work for me, but somehow... the more I went through this artist's gallery, the more I just absolutely fell in LOVE with her art. The early stuff is a little shakier, especially with the lines around the eyes, but as she goes along, her skill gets stronger and stronger and it really... just looks like some of the prettiest Ribbon art out there. The colors are incredible, these soft, beautiful shades, the lines and details just amazing--each illustration is FULL of smooth, clean lines, the artist very solid in her style. She just... she does these amazing SasuNaru and KakaIru illustrations that I... I kind of know I shouldn't like Ribbon!SasuNaru/KakaIru, but... it WORKS here. And her Saiyuki fanart? BEAUTIFUL. Just... wow, I'm in love with the details and fine lines for the illustrations. I also had to chuck this rec into the original art section because as pretty as her fanart is, the original art is even more gorgeous. Just... go and see the pretty art! *__* (SasuNaru, KakaIru, no real Saiyuki pairings.)
- Saiyuki - [ English Fanart Site ] - I first stumbled over this artist via her chibi!kitty!Sanzo fanart and promptly lost it squeeing over the cute. Oh, Sanzo would never, ever wear an expression that cute, but WHO THE HELL CARES WHEN I GET CUTE, ADORABLE, PRETTY CHIBI KITTY SANZO FANART? Surely not I. *fangirls* But it's also her beautifully colored on of Gojyo and Hakkai as kids or her annoyed!Sanzo with chibi-Ikkou-tachi hanging off him or almost-chibi Sanji and Gojyo fighting or her group illustrations that make this such a wonderful set of illustrations to stumble over. Her lines are very clean and straight-forward, while her coloring is that kind of almost jewel-like but without being gaudy style that I have such a weakness for. Her shading is also really nice and it's surprising how much that can contribute to a nice image. I just... I ♥, man. <3<3<3 (Mmm, I don't know that I'd say there were any pairings, really.)
- Soukyuu no Fafner/Saiyuki - StraBe [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - The Fafner art of this site is probably the strongest out of everything and is especially good when she's doing these sketches that show off how good the lineart really is. But I also enjoy the light colors she used with the non-b&w ones and her Soushi and Kazuki are especially good. Plus, of course I liked the pairing illustrations. The Saiyuki illustrations are a bit rougher, but the Konzen art has some really nice ones, there's Homura fanart, and the artist seems fond of Sanzo/Hakkai and that always wins me over. Though, the Sanzo illustrations have some nice ones and the Hakkai set has some really nice sketch-like stuff with some really good lineart. Konzen is the one that looks best in color, so I'm mostly rec'ing for those and the b&w-ish ones. All in all, just a fun, nice site with some cute art. :D (Soushi/Kazuki, a little Sanzo/Hakkai, a lot of gen, too.)
- Saiyuki - BLUE WISH [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - I admit, I suspect I'm rec'ing this site because of a small handful of illustrations, but... the artist draws a really nice Konzen and then there was this really pretty one of Kougaiji summoning flames and then a really beautifully detailed Gojun with Hakuryuu wrapped around his arm and then another beautiful Konzen and then, omg, Homura and so hot and this beautiful almost glow to that illustration and then a lot of really interesting Hazel illustrations and eventually I decided, what the hell, I had to rec it. 'Cause I'm a sucker for Konzen fanart. And Homura fanart. But the artist is really good, she's got solid proportions, her art is recognizable as the characters, the coloring is good, and the art is actually really good. You don't find that with Saiyuki often enough. (No warnings/pairings, I wouldn't say.)
- Saiyuki - anti-fatalism [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Okay, so, I was bitching at Noel about the state of the Saiyuki fandom yet again and recovering from some traumatic experiences when I stumbled over this site. The top illustration of Goku seemed cute, but I was still wary. The first image or two of the gallery was kind of interesting, very stylized illustrations of the ikkou. Then I got about ten links in or so... and just fell in love with this site. The Gojyo/Goku might have bothered me on another site, but on this one, it was just... I don't know how to explain the sheer, intense sort of absolute glee I experienced. Her Goku is probably one of my absolute favorites from this site alone, her Gojyo is gorgeous, and I think I generally I expressed my love at Noel in this form: ".....asdlkfjasdlfkjsdlfasd, omg, awesome!" every time I came across a new one I liked. Her style is just so clean and polished, her colors are just so awesome, and some of the poses practically rendered me into incoherence with the love. The images aren't just cute (though, they are that, too), they're pretty, some of the oekaki are freaking great, and I cannot express my flailing love enough. (Gojyo/Goku, but worth it for the gen, too.)
- Saiyuki - Sukarubanku [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Another site that Noel pointed me towards and it took me awhile to warm up to the artist's style, it's a lot like Minekura's only a little shakier, but there was this one image of Christmas!Sanzo toting reindeer!Goku in a sack and the expressions on their faces were just so great I had to be won over by it. XD The rest of the art could use some tightening up, but given how little Saiyuki fanart is out there, this is actually one of the better sites and the artist does a fairly good selection of different concepts and the occasional image that's just really well-done. And I don't mind the similarities to Minekura's style when the artist is going to give me Konzen fanart tossed in once every so often. ^_~ Or Tidus!Homura x Yuna!Goku. Because how can you NOT love that? <3 The more recent stuff tightens up the style and there's one of Sanzo and Goku not-quite-hugging that's just good, which makes me really look forward to what she'll do next. A solid site, worth a look, I think. (Some Sanzo/Goku implied, some Hakkai/Gojyo implied, a lot of gen.)
- Saiyuki - Changing Garden [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Oh, man, how weak am I to the soft, not quite pastel, light, airy colors that this site uses? And that there's a lot of images with a wide variety of characters? Yeah, I was pretty gone. I love sites like this, that aren't really about any one single focus, instead they have all these tremendously cool little illustrations and my favorites end up being the ones I least expect. Like, this artist draws an absolutely adorable Goku and I love the way his eyes look, or there's this beautiful illustration of Kanan or there'll be this wibble-worthy illustration of Sanzo holding a tiny little Goku and not looking thrilled about it. It just wound up being a terrifically cool little site with some really pretty colors, some really awesome lineart, and a nice selection. And I think everyone should go for the one of Goku with wings on his back against a brightly lit window and just... everything is so light on this site and I really love that. Goku definitely gets the best art on the site--if you poke around, there is some awesomely cute art for him--but I think it's worth it for anyone who likes the series? (Some implied Sanzo/Goku, but it could have been gen, and there's a lot of actual-gen content.)
- Saiyuki - nouzen kazura [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Once again, my desperate need for Sanzo fanart has led me to a 39 site... but they do tend to have the best art in the fandom and I'll click through a gallery, not intending to come down off the fence about it... and then a handful of images will just utterly win me over. Strangely enough, I like the artist's older work, there's a certain softness or maybe roundness to the art that works better... or maybe it's just that the artist put it more detail. I first noticed it with an illustration of Gojyo in an army print shirt that's just beautiful, but then it was this utterly beautifully colored one of Hakkai with his shirt open and the scar across his stomach where I just wibbled over how pretty it was, and then something about the artist's Goku just won me over. He looked right to me and I got past the whole 39 thing and just... yeah, a good, solid site that had some nice character art. (Some Sanzo/Goku, some gen.)