real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Slayers - The Mysterious Priestess' Den of Slayer's Silliness [ English Fan Art Site ] - More Slayers humor! Many of the things in the silliness section have made me nearly choke on my beverage of choice when reading them. Go read. Now. Or at least as soon as you're done reading this synopsis. Also, go check out the fanart--absolutely adorable! Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT click on the Memory/Concentration link in the Fun 'N Games section. Seriously. Otherwise you'll be stuck playing that game for hours. It's just that addicting. I feel like I could go on for hours about this site, there's just that much to do/see here.
- Slayers - Work for Idle Hands [ English Fan Art Site ] - Speaking of gorgeous Slayers art.... This is another thing I love about the Slayers fandom--stunning artwork. Mellos is one of my favorites, the drawings are wonderful, and the colors are just gorgeous. Not to mention there are some hysterical images here. Go, go, go! Oh, yeah, and there isn't just Slayers art, there's several other series--including Kaworu art from Evangelion and Dark Kingdom Generals!
- Slayers - The Sea of Chaos [ English/Korean Fan Art Site ] - And, of course, I couldn't get into Slayers fan art without mentioning this page. I think these images have to be not only my favorite Slayers ones, but some of my favorite fan arts/fan artists, period. Eugene's art is just stunning. Beautiful drawnings, amazing colors, and so MANY of them! I cannot say enough positive comments about this art! Also read her on-line manga! It's just.... Okay, I'm running out of nice things to say.
- Slayers - Fanart by Julie Dillon (S O L A C E: Your Journey's End) - This is fan art?? Another of my favorite fan artists--she doesn't do just Slayers, but a whole lot of anime series. I'm not kidding when I say some of these images could pass for official images, they're that good, imglo. I love the Christmas Zelgadis image. Awwww.
- Slayers - Murasaki Ame, Ao Ai [ Fan Art Site ] - Well, it's not just fan art, but that's the reason I'm linking it. (Go to the "Art, Image" section and click on "Fan Art".) It's some really cute Slayers fan art (and I'm not just saying that because of the two Xellos/Zelgadiss images either. ^_~), with some nice colors and a good selection of characters. (Eeeeee! Sylphiel and Zelas fan art, too!) I'm not sure I can say why I liked the art so much, other than it's just... neat. (Hints of a few pairings like Xellos/Zelgadiss and Lina/Xellos, but it's most single-character illustrations.)
- Slayers - [ Japanese Fan Art Site ] - Not that there's a whole lot of art on this site (and I got to here from a Zel/Amelia site--don't ask--so there are some of those vibes floating around, but nothing too much), I just had to recommend this site, because there's a lot of really cool concepts here. I especially adored the illustrations of Xellos (and the Xellos/Zelas-Metallium one! *_*) and Rezo and I even really like the couple of Amelia (-only) illustrations here. Very... artsy, but in a good way. (No real warnings.) [broken link--site moved/was taken down?]
- Naruto/Slayers/Inuyasha - [ German/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's deviantART account ] - This is one of those sites that I just sorta had fun with; the art was cute and adorable (especially the Slayers stuff) or it had this really nice, light, airy sketchy feel to it that really worked (like with the Inuyasha stuff--I'm especially enamored with her Sesshoumaru/Inuyasha illustrations. Little!Inuyasha hanging onto Sesshoumaru's sleeve as they approached a post-battle site? Totally sent me into fits of Teh Kyuute. But the one one of Inuyasha leaning back against Sesshoumaru also just... dammit, why do I like them so much? Whatever it is, this artist tapped into that affection a little with her art.) With the Slayers stuff, I especially liked her group stuff--there's one of the main cast flying in the sky that's just GREAT and there's a REALLY COOL one of Zelas-Metallium and Xellos and the artist seems a little fond of Xellos/Zelgadiss, so I'll forgive the Xellos/Filia bias. *hisses and spits* (*RUNS* Kidding, kidding, nobody hit me! >___>) And her newest Naruto stuff is really good--the one with baby!Sasuke pulling on Itachi's hair? Genius. The chibi Kimimaro is also lovely and I adore the Lina/Zel illustration on the dA account (make sure to browse both, since I think some art is on one site and a lot is on another) and the "Fireflies" Naruto one is beautifully colored. Just... fun, all in all. <3 (Uchiha-friendly, slightly Sasuke/Sakura, some Xellos/Filia, some Xellos/Zelgadiss, I don't know how to classify the Inuyasha stuff.)
- Slayers - [ Korean/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's home page ] - I know I've rec'd Eugene's site before, but I did so before I knew how to form complete sentences and only did a sort of half-assed job. So. Now that I've discovered that she has a deviantART account and has been updating a lot recently... well, I have to spaz. Eugene's art is known by pretty much every Slayers fan on the planet, because she is that good. Because she seems to be one of the nicest, sweetest people around, because her art is just flat-out stunning. If I had to choose one fanartist who was my favorite out of alllllll the art I'd seen by now... I'd still pick Eugene as my favorite every single time. Her lines are incredible, her colors are amazing, and the amount of detail and style she puts into her illustrations blows me away every single time. This is the fanartist that every time I go to see her site, I go through the entire gallery all over again because it's just so amazing, every dramatic swirl of someone's came, the intense look on their face, the incredible emotion that's so often painted on the characters' faces... it's all gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Add to this that she's both a Lina/Zel and Xellos/Zelgadiss fan and I am delighted because those are my two favorite pairings. And she characterizes them fantastically in her art, draws all these stunning details and situations and just... god, she's so clearly on a professional level and drawing for these characters that I adore so much that I just... I flail at the whole site. There are some new ones that I'd never seen before--a Xellos/Zelgadiss underwater piece that is GORGEOUS, a Zelgadiss by a campfire practicing with his sword that is GORGEOUS, a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL one of Lina running towards Zelgadiss, and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE NEW COMICS THAT ARE BEAUTIFUL. Also! Be sure to check out her site for the oekaki comics she's been doing recently (in the fan manga section)--there's "The Cave of Crimson Heart" which has some of the BEST Xellos/Zelgadiss interaction that's just... I about died from amusement because that's SUCH a Xellos-like thing to do. And there's the "Phoenix Fairy Tale" which is just... holy crap, it's beautiful, the costumes of the characters are stunning, the story is intriguing, and just... I wouldn't have thought I'd be so sucked into an oekaki thing, but I LOVE it. Just... after going through her art, I feel like I'm floating happily on clouds afterwards, because it's so beautiful and just so... amazingly characterized, too. LOVE. (A lot of gen, a lot of Lina/Zel, and a fair amount of Xellos/Zelgadiss.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I... kinda fell for this site because of the really cute fanart of Zelgadiss and Xellos and I tend to really be attracted to those two characters. I like her lines and colors and she really does well drawing the characters' hair and then there's this really neat one of Zelgadiss that's hard to describe, but... is a really neat style--the one of him with his hair all windblown (okay, yes, it's wire, but it really works for the image, so be quiet) and a couple of nice ones of Lina and just... I enjoyed her collection of art. <3 Plus, OMG, her favorites page is keeping me busy for days. >____> (Maybe a little Xellos/Zelgadiss, but mostly gen, I think.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I swear, I keep coming back to this gallery and finding illustrations that I hadn't seen before even when I swore I'd been through the whole thing. The first one to catch my eye is the artist's featured illustration, "the long dark" one of Xellos and the other Mazoku I forget the name of, the one with the beautiful colors and lines. Then I happened to catch site of the illustration of Filia in a long, dark burgundy dress that looked GREAT on her. And then I started seeing the occasional illustrations of Xellos and Zelgadiss. And then I started really having fun with the galleries; there's a lot of art in them and a really nice selection of different characters and some REALLY nice, fun AU stuff that intrigues me (Slayers in college! XD), and there's an awesome one of Xellos titled "Servant of the Great Beast" that's totally worth going for alone. Oh, and the Slayers/Empire Records fusion is GREAT. Beautiful, even. XD Oh! Oh! And the "Maiden of Volabazard" Filia illustration? Nice. Just... lots of cute, silly fun here and then some illustrations that make me sparkle. (Some Xellos/Filia, some Zelgadiss/Xellos, a good lot of gen, too.)
- Slayers - Star Dust Company [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Oh, I have such love for a site that draws cute art from multiple series, but can also do genuinely cute and clever fusions of two series. Like, the Slayers characters in Inuyasha clothes or Val's henchmen in Naga and Amelia's outfits or utterly sweet fanart of Valgaav and Gaav or the dragons together or SLAYERS AND HOUSHIN ENGI HEE HEE HEE. ♥ Or, OOH. Gaav and Zelas! But there are also some pretty Sylpheel illustrations, lots of pretty Val illustrations, etc. But. Okay. I admit. I really went all floopy over the Val/Filia illustrations, especially the one where he's pulling her in close for a hug and she's blushing and, eeeee, so cute! ♥ Just... that's the overall sense I get from this site, the kind that makes me smile and remember why I liked Slayers so much and feeds at least one pairing love I have. XD (Hints of pairings, but nothing I'd count enough to label.)
- Slayers/Dragonball Z - Blue in the Shell [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - You would not believe how hard I fell for this site, because the art is just so damned cute and the lines are solid and sure, the colors are lovely, and everything just comes together. It's not even just that it's cute or cute for Slayers art (which is all too rare), it's that occasionally some of the images are just astounding--the one of Deep Sea Dolphin? Fantastic. The Lei Magnus one? Fantastic again! The one of chibi!smiling!Rezo putting flowers in chibi!grumpy!Zel's hair? Awesome. And it just goes on like that--most of the really good stuff on the site is the chibi-esque stuff (especially the Xellos ones--there's a chibi Xellos about halfway into the gallery that has the prettiest highlights in his hair), but there are occasional water colors (Omg, Zel trying to figure out the map while he sits at a crossroad? So frickin' cute.) or other images that are just so worth seeing. The Dragonball stuff is even better, the artist really nails the style of the original, but manages to make it even cuter and she does some of the most adorable Dende illustrations. The one of him sitting on the stone steps, the wooden staff at his side, while he puts his head down on his knees? Came thisclose to making me wobble over it. And, really, the artist starts out a little rough (but good!) and then just gets so good when her lines strengthen up and her colors are always awesome and everything is so high-quality and SHUT UP I CAN FLAIL OVER DBZ ART IF I WANT TO. IT'S CUTE, OKAY? (No real warnings/pairings.)
- Slayers - unkonofuta [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - I feel like I've been to this site before or that maybe I've recommended it before, despite that I can't find it on my list of links anywhere. Ah, well, either way. It's not going to be for everyone and not all of the illustrations knocked me over, but there were a lot of really interesting illustrations here, the artist's style was very creative. They're almost like paintings (well, a little bit?) and the artist's Lina/Gourry is especially strong. There's art of most of the main cast, a handful of group illustrations, etc., but the site really shines when it focuses on those two in particular. (Some Lina/Gourry, some gen.)