real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Slayers - The Sea of Chaos [ English/Korean Fan Art Site ] - And, of course, I couldn't get into Slayers fan art without mentioning this page. I think these images have to be not only my favorite Slayers ones, but some of my favorite fan arts/fan artists, period. Eugene's art is just stunning. Beautiful drawnings, amazing colors, and so MANY of them! I cannot say enough positive comments about this art! Also read her on-line manga! It's just.... Okay, I'm running out of nice things to say.
- Slayers - Murasaki Ame, Ao Ai [ Fan Art Site ] - Well, it's not just fan art, but that's the reason I'm linking it. (Go to the "Art, Image" section and click on "Fan Art".) It's some really cute Slayers fan art (and I'm not just saying that because of the two Xellos/Zelgadiss images either. ^_~), with some nice colors and a good selection of characters. (Eeeeee! Sylphiel and Zelas fan art, too!) I'm not sure I can say why I liked the art so much, other than it's just... neat. (Hints of a few pairings like Xellos/Zelgadiss and Lina/Xellos, but it's most single-character illustrations.)
- Naruto/Slayers/Inuyasha - [ German/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's deviantART account ] - This is one of those sites that I just sorta had fun with; the art was cute and adorable (especially the Slayers stuff) or it had this really nice, light, airy sketchy feel to it that really worked (like with the Inuyasha stuff--I'm especially enamored with her Sesshoumaru/Inuyasha illustrations. Little!Inuyasha hanging onto Sesshoumaru's sleeve as they approached a post-battle site? Totally sent me into fits of Teh Kyuute. But the one one of Inuyasha leaning back against Sesshoumaru also just... dammit, why do I like them so much? Whatever it is, this artist tapped into that affection a little with her art.) With the Slayers stuff, I especially liked her group stuff--there's one of the main cast flying in the sky that's just GREAT and there's a REALLY COOL one of Zelas-Metallium and Xellos and the artist seems a little fond of Xellos/Zelgadiss, so I'll forgive the Xellos/Filia bias. *hisses and spits* (*RUNS* Kidding, kidding, nobody hit me! >___>) And her newest Naruto stuff is really good--the one with baby!Sasuke pulling on Itachi's hair? Genius. The chibi Kimimaro is also lovely and I adore the Lina/Zel illustration on the dA account (make sure to browse both, since I think some art is on one site and a lot is on another) and the "Fireflies" Naruto one is beautifully colored. Just... fun, all in all. <3 (Uchiha-friendly, slightly Sasuke/Sakura, some Xellos/Filia, some Xellos/Zelgadiss, I don't know how to classify the Inuyasha stuff.)
- Slayers - [ Korean/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's home page ] - I know I've rec'd Eugene's site before, but I did so before I knew how to form complete sentences and only did a sort of half-assed job. So. Now that I've discovered that she has a deviantART account and has been updating a lot recently... well, I have to spaz. Eugene's art is known by pretty much every Slayers fan on the planet, because she is that good. Because she seems to be one of the nicest, sweetest people around, because her art is just flat-out stunning. If I had to choose one fanartist who was my favorite out of alllllll the art I'd seen by now... I'd still pick Eugene as my favorite every single time. Her lines are incredible, her colors are amazing, and the amount of detail and style she puts into her illustrations blows me away every single time. This is the fanartist that every time I go to see her site, I go through the entire gallery all over again because it's just so amazing, every dramatic swirl of someone's came, the intense look on their face, the incredible emotion that's so often painted on the characters' faces... it's all gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Add to this that she's both a Lina/Zel and Xellos/Zelgadiss fan and I am delighted because those are my two favorite pairings. And she characterizes them fantastically in her art, draws all these stunning details and situations and just... god, she's so clearly on a professional level and drawing for these characters that I adore so much that I just... I flail at the whole site. There are some new ones that I'd never seen before--a Xellos/Zelgadiss underwater piece that is GORGEOUS, a Zelgadiss by a campfire practicing with his sword that is GORGEOUS, a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL one of Lina running towards Zelgadiss, and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE NEW COMICS THAT ARE BEAUTIFUL. Also! Be sure to check out her site for the oekaki comics she's been doing recently (in the fan manga section)--there's "The Cave of Crimson Heart" which has some of the BEST Xellos/Zelgadiss interaction that's just... I about died from amusement because that's SUCH a Xellos-like thing to do. And there's the "Phoenix Fairy Tale" which is just... holy crap, it's beautiful, the costumes of the characters are stunning, the story is intriguing, and just... I wouldn't have thought I'd be so sucked into an oekaki thing, but I LOVE it. Just... after going through her art, I feel like I'm floating happily on clouds afterwards, because it's so beautiful and just so... amazingly characterized, too. LOVE. (A lot of gen, a lot of Lina/Zel, and a fair amount of Xellos/Zelgadiss.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I swear, I keep coming back to this gallery and finding illustrations that I hadn't seen before even when I swore I'd been through the whole thing. The first one to catch my eye is the artist's featured illustration, "the long dark" one of Xellos and the other Mazoku I forget the name of, the one with the beautiful colors and lines. Then I happened to catch site of the illustration of Filia in a long, dark burgundy dress that looked GREAT on her. And then I started seeing the occasional illustrations of Xellos and Zelgadiss. And then I started really having fun with the galleries; there's a lot of art in them and a really nice selection of different characters and some REALLY nice, fun AU stuff that intrigues me (Slayers in college! XD), and there's an awesome one of Xellos titled "Servant of the Great Beast" that's totally worth going for alone. Oh, and the Slayers/Empire Records fusion is GREAT. Beautiful, even. XD Oh! Oh! And the "Maiden of Volabazard" Filia illustration? Nice. Just... lots of cute, silly fun here and then some illustrations that make me sparkle. (Some Xellos/Filia, some Zelgadiss/Xellos, a good lot of gen, too.)
- Slayers - Star Dust Company [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Oh, I have such love for a site that draws cute art from multiple series, but can also do genuinely cute and clever fusions of two series. Like, the Slayers characters in Inuyasha clothes or Val's henchmen in Naga and Amelia's outfits or utterly sweet fanart of Valgaav and Gaav or the dragons together or SLAYERS AND HOUSHIN ENGI HEE HEE HEE. ♥ Or, OOH. Gaav and Zelas! But there are also some pretty Sylpheel illustrations, lots of pretty Val illustrations, etc. But. Okay. I admit. I really went all floopy over the Val/Filia illustrations, especially the one where he's pulling her in close for a hug and she's blushing and, eeeee, so cute! ♥ Just... that's the overall sense I get from this site, the kind that makes me smile and remember why I liked Slayers so much and feeds at least one pairing love I have. XD (Hints of pairings, but nothing I'd count enough to label.)
- Harukanaru Toki no Nakade/Slayers/Final Fantasy XII - [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - I was just idly poking around and somehow stumbled over this site, whereupon I pretty much instantly fell in love. The art here is gorgeous, there's such a strength to the lines and colors that makes Lina-tachi look just so, so pretty. Her Gourry/Lina art is so damn cute that even though it's not my favorite pairing (however, I do ship it, mind!) I was just over the moon for it here. It totally helps that there's a ton of art here as well and it's all just as adorable as the last. The HaruToki fanart is much the same, there's such a prettiness to the artist's colors and her style of drawing that I love so much--and, man, HaruToki3 really does attract some of the most amazing artists. As for the FFXII art, there's not a whole lot here, but it's some of the better stuff you'll find in the fandom so far. Her Vaan/Penelo art is just darling, her bright, cheerful style really suits them well. <3 (Gourry/Lina, a little other het for Slayers. Nothing I'll count for HaruToki. Maybe a little Vaan/Penelo for FFXII, but a lot of gen, too.)
- Slayers - [ Japanese Fanart Site ] - Xellos/Lina isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm generally pretty laid back when it comes to fanart and the art here is really cute! It's very CG-style and it works for the artist nicely--I did find that I enjoyed the artist's single-character illustrations better than her pairing stuff, but I'm not sure if that's my own bias or not. There is also a lot of art here and I'm always a sucker for when a site has a whole bunch of images to win me over with. I think it'd definitely help if you were more open to the pairing or just didn't mind it, but I do think it's a really lovely site and I enjoyed it. The art is really cute and the colors are pretty, which is about all I ask for. Plus! There's art from the movies and novels, even of the Dark Lords! (Xellos/Lina.)