real person fic
television & movies
odds & ends
- Slayers - The Sea of Chaos [ English/Korean Fan Art Site ] - And, of course, I couldn't get into Slayers fan art without mentioning this page. I think these images have to be not only my favorite Slayers ones, but some of my favorite fan arts/fan artists, period. Eugene's art is just stunning. Beautiful drawnings, amazing colors, and so MANY of them! I cannot say enough positive comments about this art! Also read her on-line manga! It's just.... Okay, I'm running out of nice things to say.
- Slayers - Murasaki Ame, Ao Ai [ Fan Art Site ] - Well, it's not just fan art, but that's the reason I'm linking it. (Go to the "Art, Image" section and click on "Fan Art".) It's some really cute Slayers fan art (and I'm not just saying that because of the two Xellos/Zelgadiss images either. ^_~), with some nice colors and a good selection of characters. (Eeeeee! Sylphiel and Zelas fan art, too!) I'm not sure I can say why I liked the art so much, other than it's just... neat. (Hints of a few pairings like Xellos/Zelgadiss and Lina/Xellos, but it's most single-character illustrations.)
- Slayers - Here is Cherrywood [ Korean Fan Art Site ] - One of my single most favorite Slayers fanartists, Chrytea does gorgeous illustrations. She makes the characters look absolutely beautiful, just... words fail me at how much I adore her art. It's not that the Slayers characters aren't already pretty, but they have a typically anime type look to them, and I prefer a more manga-esque approach, which Chrytea does so wonderfully. The colors tend towards the softer side, which works for her style. I don't think all of her illustrations are here, because I remember more that definitely aren't up, which is too bad. I love her artwork. *gush, gush, gush* (A little bit XellosxZelgadiss.)
- Naruto/Slayers/Inuyasha - [ German/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's deviantART account ] - This is one of those sites that I just sorta had fun with; the art was cute and adorable (especially the Slayers stuff) or it had this really nice, light, airy sketchy feel to it that really worked (like with the Inuyasha stuff--I'm especially enamored with her Sesshoumaru/Inuyasha illustrations. Little!Inuyasha hanging onto Sesshoumaru's sleeve as they approached a post-battle site? Totally sent me into fits of Teh Kyuute. But the one one of Inuyasha leaning back against Sesshoumaru also just... dammit, why do I like them so much? Whatever it is, this artist tapped into that affection a little with her art.) With the Slayers stuff, I especially liked her group stuff--there's one of the main cast flying in the sky that's just GREAT and there's a REALLY COOL one of Zelas-Metallium and Xellos and the artist seems a little fond of Xellos/Zelgadiss, so I'll forgive the Xellos/Filia bias. *hisses and spits* (*RUNS* Kidding, kidding, nobody hit me! >___>) And her newest Naruto stuff is really good--the one with baby!Sasuke pulling on Itachi's hair? Genius. The chibi Kimimaro is also lovely and I adore the Lina/Zel illustration on the dA account (make sure to browse both, since I think some art is on one site and a lot is on another) and the "Fireflies" Naruto one is beautifully colored. Just... fun, all in all. <3 (Uchiha-friendly, slightly Sasuke/Sakura, some Xellos/Filia, some Xellos/Zelgadiss, I don't know how to classify the Inuyasha stuff.)
- Slayers - [ Korean/English Fanart Site ] - [ artist's home page ] - I know I've rec'd Eugene's site before, but I did so before I knew how to form complete sentences and only did a sort of half-assed job. So. Now that I've discovered that she has a deviantART account and has been updating a lot recently... well, I have to spaz. Eugene's art is known by pretty much every Slayers fan on the planet, because she is that good. Because she seems to be one of the nicest, sweetest people around, because her art is just flat-out stunning. If I had to choose one fanartist who was my favorite out of alllllll the art I'd seen by now... I'd still pick Eugene as my favorite every single time. Her lines are incredible, her colors are amazing, and the amount of detail and style she puts into her illustrations blows me away every single time. This is the fanartist that every time I go to see her site, I go through the entire gallery all over again because it's just so amazing, every dramatic swirl of someone's came, the intense look on their face, the incredible emotion that's so often painted on the characters' faces... it's all gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Add to this that she's both a Lina/Zel and Xellos/Zelgadiss fan and I am delighted because those are my two favorite pairings. And she characterizes them fantastically in her art, draws all these stunning details and situations and just... god, she's so clearly on a professional level and drawing for these characters that I adore so much that I just... I flail at the whole site. There are some new ones that I'd never seen before--a Xellos/Zelgadiss underwater piece that is GORGEOUS, a Zelgadiss by a campfire practicing with his sword that is GORGEOUS, a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL one of Lina running towards Zelgadiss, and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE NEW COMICS THAT ARE BEAUTIFUL. Also! Be sure to check out her site for the oekaki comics she's been doing recently (in the fan manga section)--there's "The Cave of Crimson Heart" which has some of the BEST Xellos/Zelgadiss interaction that's just... I about died from amusement because that's SUCH a Xellos-like thing to do. And there's the "Phoenix Fairy Tale" which is just... holy crap, it's beautiful, the costumes of the characters are stunning, the story is intriguing, and just... I wouldn't have thought I'd be so sucked into an oekaki thing, but I LOVE it. Just... after going through her art, I feel like I'm floating happily on clouds afterwards, because it's so beautiful and just so... amazingly characterized, too. LOVE. (A lot of gen, a lot of Lina/Zel, and a fair amount of Xellos/Zelgadiss.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I... kinda fell for this site because of the really cute fanart of Zelgadiss and Xellos and I tend to really be attracted to those two characters. I like her lines and colors and she really does well drawing the characters' hair and then there's this really neat one of Zelgadiss that's hard to describe, but... is a really neat style--the one of him with his hair all windblown (okay, yes, it's wire, but it really works for the image, so be quiet) and a couple of nice ones of Lina and just... I enjoyed her collection of art. <3 Plus, OMG, her favorites page is keeping me busy for days. >____> (Maybe a little Xellos/Zelgadiss, but mostly gen, I think.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I swear, I keep coming back to this gallery and finding illustrations that I hadn't seen before even when I swore I'd been through the whole thing. The first one to catch my eye is the artist's featured illustration, "the long dark" one of Xellos and the other Mazoku I forget the name of, the one with the beautiful colors and lines. Then I happened to catch site of the illustration of Filia in a long, dark burgundy dress that looked GREAT on her. And then I started seeing the occasional illustrations of Xellos and Zelgadiss. And then I started really having fun with the galleries; there's a lot of art in them and a really nice selection of different characters and some REALLY nice, fun AU stuff that intrigues me (Slayers in college! XD), and there's an awesome one of Xellos titled "Servant of the Great Beast" that's totally worth going for alone. Oh, and the Slayers/Empire Records fusion is GREAT. Beautiful, even. XD Oh! Oh! And the "Maiden of Volabazard" Filia illustration? Nice. Just... lots of cute, silly fun here and then some illustrations that make me sparkle. (Some Xellos/Filia, some Zelgadiss/Xellos, a good lot of gen, too.)
- Slayers - [ English Fanart Site ] - I'm specifically recommending the Slayers part of this artist's account, especially her Xellos/Zelgadiss doujinshi, but there's a lot more tucked away on her account if you're interested. I've seen this artist a lot in the Naruto fandom and I didn't really go looking to find her work again, but I was looking at y!Gallery and I stumbled over some Slayers art and decided to go looking and stumbled over her utterly gorgeous doujinshi. I think her color work is lovely, but there's something about her b&w stuff that really does it for me even more, even beyond the porn. I love her colors and I really like how strong her art is and how pretty her lines are, but it's the cheerful smile on Xellos' face even as he's being an evil bastard that I really love. The antagonism, the sense that Xellos might be playing light-hearted here but that there's genuine evil underneath that, it might make me laugh, but I love that it's still kinda non-con. If in the "Noooo, you can do that! A-ahh--!" sort of way, but it's doujinshi, it's supposed to be like that! ♥ It's really one of the best fan-made PWP doujinshi/comics that I've come across. The color art in the gallery is also really nice and worth a browse through for. ♥ (Xellos/Zelgadiss, NC-17 and very much so.)